Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Pyramid Analytics is seeking a talented Competitive Intelligence Analyst to help us review the data analytics and data science marketplace and competitors.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience working in data analytics and/or data science, using relevant tools and technologies. With an ability to understand the major arcs and strategic direction of the industry, the candidate will be able to articulate general market trends and how competitors and competing tools are adjusting. This will include deep product analyses, market analysis, pricing analysis, and positioning analysis.
As such, the ideal candidate may be an industry veteran with a clear sense of the overall market.
- 3+ years deep, hands-on experience in the data/business analytics space using one or more competing tools like Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, Business Objects, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Looker. (Multiple is highly preferred)
- An ability to rapidly learn about new technologies and how to use them
- Demonstratable communication skills – both written and oral
- Hands-on experience in data science using technologies like Python or R. Alternatively using tools like Rapid miner, SAS or Data IKU.
- Ability to write white papers and build presentation decks (including battel cards etc)
- Experience completing pricing and positioning analyses