VP, Product Marketing
Deep collaboration with Product Management, Marketing, and Sales teams. Build a team of direct reports.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Customer, Market, & Competitive Analysis: Monitor industry trends and competitors to develop a deep understanding of the market opportunity and how Pyramid positions itself to win in the marketplace. Work closely with analysts, thought leaders, and cross-functional teams (Executive, Sales, Product & Solution Engineering, and Customer Success) to gain a deeper understanding of our customers—and our competitors—to guide marketing initiatives, sales positioning, and product direction. Identify market trends and customer needs.
- Spokesperson: Speak and present both internally and externally (webinars, public events, customer engagements, etc.) to promote our story and products
- Ideal Customer Profiles: You will work with our teams to capture and help refine our ideal customer profiles. You will be the evangelist for them in our company, and partner closely with enablement to make sure the go-to-market teams and broader organization understand and pursue ideal customers.
- Positioning & Segmentation: Drive a buyer-centric marketing approach within the organization, ensuring that brand positioning, messaging, content, and campaign strategies are centered around customer insights and buying needs. Define product positioning with segmentation of customers and prospects that help shape the marketing message and further define our ICP. Own the messaging framework, market validation, and lead campaign messaging.
- Enablement & Content Creation: Work closely with GTM leadership and enablement to develop and manage resources to position and sell our platform as a leader and competitively against others in the space. Lead campaign messaging and content strategy alongside the demand generation team to articulate the benefits of our product, to deliver valuable content for each stage of the buyer’s journey, and ensure messaging alignment throughout all customer touchpoints. Work with digital marketing to drive content for SEO improvement.
- Go-to-Market Planning & Launch Coordination: Work cross-functionally to determine the best GTM strategy, set proper timelines and KPIs, and coordinate effective cross-functional go-to-market. Be a deep expert on the product, provide direction for market segmentation and targeting to define new market opportunities, and partner with CTO / Product marketing to build business cases for expanding market presence or entering new markets. Create and socialize a well-defined product launch process and product-level documents: market requirements, marketing plan, sales enablement plan, launch plan, value cards.
- Use Cases: Pyramid is applicable to different personas and industries. You will work with our teams to identify areas for growth and provide the initial research and messaging needed to be as relevant as possible when testing/launching into these use cases, new personas, and new markets.
- Partner Product Marketing: Work in close collaboration with our partner marketing team to develop plans to better tell our combined stories in the market, with the goal of increased pipeline and revenue contributions. Additionally, collaborate on enablement content for partners to understand and co-sell our platform.
- Customer Marketing: Set the strategic vision for how we show and describe the value of Pyramid Analytics in delivering outcomes for customers and then lead through execution of that vision through customer stories and thought leadership. Work with our product and customer success teams to closely monitor product adoption and work on creative / data-driven programs to get the right message to the right customer at the right time. Equally important, regularly interview customers and get their voice and success into our GTM messaging, from website to marketing and sales collateral.
- Manage team: Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, budgets, policies, and operating procedures Recruit, motivate and manage product marketing staff
Knowledge and Skills
- 8-10 years of product marketing or related experience, including 4+ years in a leadership role of a product marketing team
- 5+ years in enterprise software market sectors
- 3+ years of B2B SaaS experience
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, “get it done” entrepreneurial environment
- Works well in a collaborative environment (leave your ego at the door)
- High attention to detail with an ability to remain organized and multi-task
- Strong written, verbal, editing, and presentation skills
- Highly collaborative with a deep sense of ownership and accountability
- Easily builds business partnerships and inspires team members