The Solutions Engineer is responsible for partnering with an Account Executive to drive revenue by helping to identify, qualify, execute on, and close Pyramid Analytics sales opportunities. The Solutions Engineer will create and deliver compelling value propositions, demonstrations, RFI/RFPs, technical validation activities, and implementation strategies that address the prospect’s critical needs and business requirements. This position leads the solution proposition, coordinating the activities required to ensure Pyramid is the vendor of choice.
As the Solutions Engineer, you must possess industry knowledge of product offerings in the Business Intelligence space. You will be expected to become a subject matter expert on Pyramid Analytic product functionalities.
- Perform Discovery: Assist in the identification of potential sales opportunities through deep discovery around a prospect’s outcomes in order to quantify the value that Pyramid could bring in solving those BI and analytics-related challenges.
- Create RFI/RFP Responses: Lead the creation of a response to a specific prospect’s request for information or proposal, including creating and formatting the content, ensuring the quality of the response, and ensuring timely delivery of the response.
- Perform Product Presentations & Demonstrations: Deliver product presentations and configured demonstrations to prove Pyramid Analytics’ ability to meet a prospect’s BI and analytics challenges. The resulting demonstration and subsequent outcomes are initial evidence as to how the Pyramid Analytics Solution meets the prospect’s needs based on what was learned in a Discovery session. These are to be delivered both live and remotely.
- Perform Architecture / Technical Components Overview: Deliver an in-depth overview of Pyramid’s technical architecture and proprietary product capabilities that provide its unique value in the market.
- Execute Technical Validation Events: Manage technical validation events to a successful conclusion. These often require a Solutions Engineer to leverage data and other information provided by a prospect to show that prospect, in detail specific to them, the value of leveraging the Pyramid Analytics platform.
- Share Lessons Learned: Share your selling and technical experience with the rest of the Pyramid Analytics Solutions Engineering team, both formally and informally.
- Provide Collaboration and Support: Assist other Solutions Engineers in the execution of the above responsibilities.
- Provide Feedback: Provide feedback to product management about the successes and failures in the field.
- Microsoft technologies, including SSAS, SSRS, IIS, Active Directory
- Excellent presentation skills
- Candidates must be proactive and have good organization, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- With mentoring and direction, the candidate will need to be able to work independently on projects and tasks given to them.
- Ability to learn new software platforms and support technical questions around the functionality.
- Ability to prioritise and pivot in a fast-paced growth environment.
Required Education and Experience
- 3+ years experience working in a software sales and/or BI consultancy environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven collaborator and liaison with all levels and departments within an IT organization
- Technical skill and/or ability to acquire in-depth knowledge and use of Pyramid Analytics’ products
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work autonomously given fundamental priorities and responsibilities
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize well in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Ability to handle details accurately and in a timely manner
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with technologies, such as Hadoop/big data, Linux, Machine Learning / R, Java (Desirable)
- Familiarity with enterprise business management software (SAP, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, etc.)
The following describes the working conditions for a Pyramid Analytics Solutions Engineer:
- Need to be able to work independently from home and during travel in an unstructured and fluid capacity in order to meet simultaneous sales objectives.
- Travel required on an as-needed basis, as much as 40%.
- Remote customer and internal work required; need to be comfortable in extended phone conversations, conference calls, and remote computer sessions.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.