Field Sales Director
As the Field Sales Director for a territory, you will lead all activities related to defining and implementing a Business Development plan in your designated territory. You should have extensive experience in sales and business development as well as the ability to identify and cultivate technical alignment with technical buyers. You should have 5-10 years of proven sales success within the software industry selling enterprise solutions. Your strong interpersonal skills and ability to multitask in a fast-growing environment will be critical to working closely with your colleagues to successfully navigate a complex sales process.
New Business Development
- Identify and qualify opportunities for Pyramid Analytics Software platform for Enterprise Customers
- Develop a 3x-5x 12-month pipeline of qualified opportunities to meet and exceed your quota targets.
- Ability to identify the decision makers, and influencers with target customers as well as to develop strategies to navigate complex organizational politics to win business.
- Plan approaches and pitches. Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Manage the closing process including negotiations, terms and conditions as well as procurement activities.
- Present a professional and polished image that mirrors that of the client.
- Maintain a current and accurate pipeline at every stage of maturity. Must have the ability to create a forecast that is a highly reliable view of your business.
- Direct accountability to meet or exceed your quarterly and annual sales quota on a consistent basis.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships with assigned account list.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs to promote customer satisfaction and retention.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client briefings.
Business Development Planning
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market trends as well as competitors.
- Present to and consult with senior level management on business trends with a view on developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to revenue growth.
- Using your industry expertise of the market and competitors, create sales messaging that communicates the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding revenue/quota targets
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage customer/executive relationship
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales cycles including the ability to provide coordination and direction to your extended team
- Experience and training in a value-based methodology (solution selling, customer centric selling, etc.)
- Proven prospecting and sales cycle management skills
This position may require up to 50% travel
Required education and experience
- 5+ years minimum experience in a direct/indirect enterprise software sales role
- Experience selling analytics or business intelligence solutions
- Experience subscription software sales
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Business or Technology
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position