The Enterprise Architect (EA) is responsible for ensuring the technical success of projects and initiatives undertaken between Pyramid, it’s strategic OEM / SI / technology partners and enterprises who are implementing sophisticated Pyramid Analytics-based solutions. The EA provides architectural guidance, develops prototypes and recommends implementation strategies that address deployment, scalability, security, systems integration and advanced analytical requirements. The EA is expected to lead workshops that result in clear, actionable plans that are successfully implemented by the partner with assistance from Pyramid.
As an Enterprise Architect, you must possess and be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of the entire technology stack and the concepts that are the foundation of an enterprise analytics platform. This includes networks, operating systems, containers, application servers, clustering, authn/authz, multi-tenancy, I18N, relational databases (SQL), multidimensional databases, big / semi-structured data, data integration, dimensional modeling, machine learning, interoperability standards, SCM, microservices and modern UX design.
The success of this position is measured by the outcomes of individual partner projects, of partner go-to-market initiatives as well as quarterly revenue objectives set for the Strategic Alliances team.
- With minimal introduction, establish and maintain positive working relationships with your technical peers in strategic partner organizations
- Win trust and gain mindshare by adding significant value to partner technical conversations and project plans
- Scope, organize, resource and deliver requirement workshops that result in technically sound implementation strategies based on negotiated consensus
- Develop, organize and deliver informal training and educational webinars to strategic partner and customer audiences
- Contribute to the development of partner-facing technical content
- Efficiently leverage Pyramid’s technical talent to advance partner, customer and company interests
- Support and participate in regular cross-training with Pyramid’s pre-sales and consulting teams
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to actively listen, to understand social dynamics and to influence technical decisions in pursuit of business outcomes
- The ability to make and defend detailed technical recommendations using experience, experimentation, independent research and objective data
- The ability to balance multiple demanding stakeholders and to prioritize the use of resources in the best interest of the company, the partner and joint customers
- The ability to work autonomously given priorities and a definition of success
- An interest and ability to learn continuously
Required education and experience
- 10+ years of experience working as an enterprise architect
- 5+ years working for one or more enterprise technology vendors
- 2+ years working with business analytics
- 3+ years of SAP experience
- A bachelor's degree in a technical discipline related to information management or computer science (master’s degree preferred)
- Fluent in German
Required technical skills
- The ability to create prototypes using RESTful APIs