Pyramid is the Trusted Analytics Platform™ that connects teams, drives confident decisions, and produces winning results.
Our vision is to help customers win with data by creating unity and trust to outpace the market. We accomplish this goal by providing one, singular trusted analytics platform that’s independent of any backend technology or data set. Our open, secure environment ensures that a customer's entire organization can easily connect to their existing data sets wherever they reside (on premises, cloud, or hybrid), and seamlessly access them through our analytic modules, where they can begin integrating, modeling, and sharing repeatable insights at scale. Our consistent and flexible architecture allows our customers to gain faster analytic insights and leverage built-in augmented ML & AI to scale optimally, while also adapting to different user needs. Users can perform all analytic-based workflows in one environment, regardless of role, so they don’t have to use other applications for additional functionality.
As the Director of Product Marketing, it will be your responsibility to translate and articulate the vision of the Pyramid Analytics platform into a compelling and consistent product narrative. You will know our customers and anticipate their needs, including how they hire technology to solve their unique challenges. You will know the broader market and competitors intimately. You will back up strategic insights with market evidence and data and use that knowledge to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with buyers and empowers our sales channels to be successful.
This role will have an immediate impact on Pyramid’s ability to maintain our rapid growth – you’ll be the communications glue between a number of key teams, including Product, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success and Strategic Alliances.
- Confirm buyer personas through research/analysis/testing
- Identify and quantify new product benefit opportunities based on market trends, future customer needs and competitive offerings
- Partner with product management to develop compelling product narratives that resonate with our target audiences
- Assess willingness to pay for emerging feature/functions
- Test product concepts, naming, pricing and messaging in market
Go to market
- Identify and quantify market opportunities (by market & vertical)
- Define market segmentation & objectives
- Document and align the organization around buyer profiles and buyer's journeys
- Research, document, and educate organization around competitive differentiation
- Develop persuasive product content that aligns with stages in the buyer’s journey
- Define, implement, and optimize sales processes (both direct & channel)
- Develop product messaging and positioning that engages and converts prospective customers.
- Drive the development of compelling sales enablement assets that accelerate the deal cycle.
- Develop and deliver sales content and training (e.g. decks, playbooks, videos, battle cards, etc) to enable sales teams throughout the buying process
- Identify friction points in the buying process and work with stakeholders to fix
- Support demand generation and content development teams with product content
a demonstrable ability to effectively position B2B products for growth in the market, working with marketing and sales to build a healthy pipeline while increasing the velocity and rate of closing deals
- the ability to build and lead a high-performing product marketing team
- strong analytical skills, with proven capabilities interpreting data and qualitative research and distilling into actionable key takeaways
- strong critical thinking, strong problem-solving and research proficiencies
- the ability to comprehending and interpreting competitor strategies and prospect behavior
- expertise in gathering large amounts of data and converting it into meaningful insights with impact
- the ability to effectively apply insights of markets and customer behavior, communicate effectively and leverage knowledge to benefit business planning and strategy
- the ability to anticipate, identify and act on both short and long-term goals in achieving results—actively seeking to stretch performance targets
- deep expertise in effectively communicating with all levels and business partners; communicating effectively with many different stakeholders
- the ability to be flexible and handle challenges while maintaining your cool and sense of humor
- a collaborative approach to work and a deep sense of team
This position will require domestic and international travel, when that is possible again.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ product marketing experience in Enterprise Business Intelligence, Advanced Analytics, or Data Science
Minimum 5 years’ experience in product marketing leadership for B2B Software
Bachelor’s degree in Product Marketing or equivalent experience