There’s no shortage of data in healthcare—vital information about patients, the treatments they’ve received, diagnosis codes, billing/reimbursement details, and more.
If you’re like many in the healthcare industry, you need an effective way to analyze and gain actionable information to improve profitability, medical outcomes, and patient satisfaction.
Having easy, secure access to trusted data
To keep costs down, healthcare providers must deliver the best care for patients, while constantly evaluating diagnosis codes and billing practices. They also need to monitor patient feedback, satisfaction surveys, and competitors’ rankings. And, in the U.S., insurers and large employers who insure their staff must constantly analyze the claims they’ve paid as well as the health of risk pools to minimize costs.
However, tracking these analytics can be challenging. Most healthcare providers are used to practicing medicine, not analyzing massive amounts of disconnected data from clinical and operations systems.
Yet in today’s workplace, more people are having to become analysts of sorts. Both across and outside the organization, they need to be able to access data that they’re authorized to view—in a way that’s easy and governed.
Pyramid Analytics. Smarter platform. Better decisions.
That’s where Pyramid Analytics—and its BI Office analytics platform—come in. Healthcare stakeholders can put the power of analytics in the hands of many—from clinical and administrative staff to leadership teams, by:
- Providing groups with an easy-to-use, agile, self-service BI and advanced analytics solution for analyzing data, comparing benchmarks, and influencing business decisions.
- Quickly allowing your organization to see losses and profits at any level of detail—at any time.
When looking for your ideal BI solution, remember some essentials it must offer:
- Accessibility for even the casual user: Not everyone is a deep-dive data analyst. Choose an intuitive, agile, self-service BI and advanced analytics solution that provides access for healthcare executives who seek high-level financial trends to healthcare administrators who crave more granular functionality, to physicians who need to consume data at any given moment.
- Agility and scalability: When many people need simultaneous data access, in real time, this can create version-control issues. Look for a scalable solution that preserves data integrity, while allowing simultaneous access points for multiple users.
- Governance and security: Providing access to authorized users inside and outside an organization (both inside and outside the firewall) is key for usability, shared insights, and common goals, but can bring chaos, vulnerability, and risk. Choose a solution that gives easy access to—and interaction with—data that’s managed and secured. Healthcare has many compliance requirements not found in other industries. Look for a BI solution with a proven track record.
A healthy dose of customer success
We’re thrilled to hear healthcare-related success stories from our customers, such as the following:
The Challenges of Large-Scale BI Deployments Webinar
Dave Fackler (BI architect and author) from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) shared his experiences implementing Pyramid Analytics’ BI Office analytics platform in the VA, a vast network that includes doctors and nurses in medical centers and hospitals across the U.S., in addition to teleworkers.
Health Plan Analytics: Uncover Insights, Reveal Trends, and Take Action Webinar
Hear how a health plan payer—by deploying Pyramid Analytics—provided secure, self-service analytics to internal analysts and external large employer groups, how they improved patient care by tracking key performance indicators (KPIs), and how data discovery helped control costs and detect fraud.
HIMSS Webinar Shows BI Self-Service in Action - Part 1 (blog)
Blue Cross of Idaho deployed Pyramid Analytics “in about a week” with a staff of three. Users were delighted with the analysis they could do, and adoption rates immediately went up.
HIMSS Webinar Shows BI Self-Service in Action - Part 2 (blog)
Healthcare industry BI Manager Trish Redgate shows how Pyramid Analytics reduced healthcare costs and improved patient health. All users can access data and create reports, based on their assigned roles.
Memorial Healthcare Wins Prestigious ComputerWorld Award (blog)
This award recognizes key aspects of how Memorial has benefited from in vesting in Pyramid Analytics:
- They analyzed data to increase cost efficiency of operating rooms and improve patient care.
- They delivered consistent information to bring multiple departments together.
Learn more about how we can help you turn decisions into evidence-based decisions in the new digital landscape of healthcare.
- E-book from Pyramid Analytics: The Healthcare Landscape Has Changed
- Follow @PyramidAnalytics on Twitter
- Subscribe to our blog's feed